Lagspikes

Models + Mapping, Computer & SOF Problems.
Desertsucker
Reactions: 0

Lagspikes

Post by Desertsucker »

I'm getting these bigass lagspikes every 5 minutes or so. They last for about 5 seconds. Any tips or solutions?
MÄÐ^Ðê§ê®†
MÄÐ^Zêñö×
Desertsucker

Re: Lagspikes

Post by Desertsucker »

Wrong forum, sorry.
Last edited by ShocK on 26 Feb 2015, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved ;)
MÄÐ^Ðê§ê®†
MÄÐ^Zêñö×
Sauron Netherlands
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

Keep it cool @ the bottom

Check if they are the same.

Otherwise needs more info. when does it happen?
Are you on wired internet?
smokestaH

Post by smokestaH »

i'd start with a good old spyware/trojan/virus scan.

Malwarebytes Anti Malware is good, if u cant download the premium activated version i could upload it for u.
Desertsucker

Post by Desertsucker »

Tried the settings, Sauron, now my SoF looks like a cell shaded cartoon. Awesome. It didn't reduce the lagspikes though! I'm on WiFi, but I never had any trouble playing SoF over wireless internet before!
MÄÐ^Ðê§ê®†
MÄÐ^Zêñö×
dmd Netherlands
Reactions: 1

Post by dmd »

Does this happen on every server?

If so, try pinging your wireless device or modem/router:
In cmd (mostly) ping -t 192.168.1.1 and see if there is a spike in the milliseconds somewhere.

What you can also do is check out the wireless channels used in your neighborhood. If your channel is used a lot, pick a channel frequency which is used the least.
Desertsucker

Post by Desertsucker »

dmd wrote:Does this happen on every server?

If so, try pinging your wireless device or modem/router:
In cmd (mostly) ping -t 192.168.1.1 and see if there is a spike in the milliseconds somewhere.

What you can also do is check out the wireless channels used in your neighborhood. If your channel is used a lot, pick a channel frequency which is used the least.
Checked the cmd pinging thing before and after I changed channel, reset my router, and checked for malware. It looks like the spikes are now alot smaller. Before, some spikes went up to 30 ms, now the biggest spikes are 15 ms. Most of the pings are 1,2 or sometimes 3 ms.

Going for a game now to check it out. Thanks!
MÄÐ^Ðê§ê®†
MÄÐ^Zêñö×
Sweetkill

Post by Sweetkill »

I have the same
Desertsucker

Post by Desertsucker »

Still occasional lagspikes :(
MÄÐ^Ðê§ê®†
MÄÐ^Zêñö×
TotalitioN
Reactions: 3

Post by TotalitioN »

I have THE same And i know fluxy has it Also
#1 sof player since 1999
dmd Netherlands
Reactions: 1

Post by dmd »

Too bad. Did you pick the channel that was used the least in your neighborhood?
What is the distance between your PC and the wireless device? Do you get a full wireless bar? Maybe you have a lot of interference in between.

As you said you had spikes in your local network, so the problem is somewhere in your house. It could also be your network adapter.... Try a driver reinstall/update and a wireless device or modem/router firmware update.

Hmmmm but if more people have it it could also be the server.
Evil4N Netherlands
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

I only get the problem when not running a spyware/anti-virus scan and a clean-windows tool for a long time.
You think I'm not online. But I'm always here. Scrolling. Judging.

]TÐW[Evil4N!
smokestaH

Post by smokestaH »

I uploaded a premium version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, you can update etc. One of the best pieces of software out there for what it does. This one already has magic applied to it by Vinny27, google him. I have been using it for weeks.

Its in dutch but you can change the language in settings. Unzip it where ever, right click on the .exe and run as administrator. It will automatically install. Wait until its done and load it up.

http://www.filedropper.com/malwarebytes ... 025finalnl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Desertsucker

Post by Desertsucker »

smokestaH wrote:I uploaded a premium version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, you can update etc. One of the best pieces of software out there for what it does. This one already has magic applied to it by Vinny27, google him. I have been using it for weeks.

Its in dutch but you can change the language in settings. Unzip it where ever, right click on the .exe and run as administrator. It will automatically install. Wait until its done and load it up.

http://www.filedropper.com/malwarebytes ... 025finalnl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO MY COMPUTER?!?!11WHAT THE FUCK!!1 YOU FUCKEERRRRR!!!

Cheers Smoke :mrgreen:
MÄÐ^Ðê§ê®†
MÄÐ^Zêñö×
Evil4N Netherlands

Post by Evil4N »

smokestaH wrote:I uploaded a premium version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, you can update etc. One of the best pieces of software out there for what it does. This one already has magic applied to it by Vinny27, google him. I have been using it for weeks.

Thx I was using the free version for years though. Definetly the best program.

]TÐW[Evil4N!
Evil4N Netherlands

Post by Evil4N »

Got a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death), used my tools to find if it was a software or hardware cause. I Already expected that the premium crack version was causing it. Uninstalled it :happy:
On Tue 3-3-2015 2:23:26 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: mwac.sys (mwac+0x612D)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF88001F27C1D, 0xFFFFF88009296930, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\mwac.sys
product: Malwarebytes Web Access Control
company: Malwarebytes Corporation
description: Malwarebytes Web Access Control
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: mwac.sys (Malwarebytes Web Access Control, Malwarebytes Corporation).
Google query: Malwarebytes Corporation SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

]TÐW[Evil4N!
smokestaH

Post by smokestaH »

That is a problem on your end. The software itself has no issues.
Evil4N Netherlands

Post by Evil4N »

smokestaH wrote:That is a problem on your end. The software itself has no issues.
Something to do with the way how MBAM detected malware-websites from peers in utorrent.

]TÐW[Evil4N!