Dendes Windows 10 fix / patch

Models + Mapping, Computer & SOF Problems.
TSOM Germany
Reactions: 1

Re: Dendes Windows 10 fix / patch

Post by TSOM »

Evil4N wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 01:43
TSOM wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 21:19 Yes, I did that a few days ago, because I was instructed to do so in the other thread...
Then I won't help you. "TheDankNarwhal" should have the same knowledge by now as I have on this issue. Ask him.
Isn't it possible to undo that registry fix (Dende's Fix) by simply deleting that registry entry?

T.S.O.M.
TSOM Germany
Reactions: 1

Post by TSOM »

Edit: I undid that registry fix by manually deleting it's entry from the registry and then completely restarting Windows - can You now help me again? :wink:

T.S.O.M.
Evil4N Netherlands
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

It won't be fully deleted. Dende's fix causes a chain reaction. You need to wait for the next cumulative windows 11 update. Last one was 12 march, so the next one will be around 12 april. The cumulative windows update will undo the changes from Dende's fix, and therefor clear the path for SOF CE 7.0 to function properly. Btw you do use SOF CE I hope ?

Obviously there should be a quicker way, but try sending a pm to @d3nd3, as I am not going to clean up his untested failing workarounds.
You think I'm not online. But I'm always here. Scrolling. Judging.

]TÐW[Evil4N!
Evil4N Netherlands
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

Evil4N wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 00:05 Last one was 12 march, so the next one will be around 12 april.
I see on my windows that winupdate has arrived, apply it :tongue:
You think I'm not online. But I'm always here. Scrolling. Judging.

]TÐW[Evil4N!