SoF 1 Singleplayer maps?

Models + Mapping, Computer & SOF Problems.
DINOSAURS
Reactions: 0

SoF 1 Singleplayer maps?

Post by DINOSAURS »

Hey, is it possible to make singleplayer maps for SoF1? I saw Quark supports the game so I figure it might be possible, I just can't find any singleplayer mods for SoF1 out there which seems weird.

Is the game open source or abandonware now? I saw the community version includes the entire game, if it was open source though I would have thought there would be more modding.
Emirate
Reactions: 9

Re: SoF 1 Singleplayer maps?

Post by Emirate »

I'm not sure. I suppose you can add some modding to the game. It's also possible to map co-op maps so I think it's possible to make new singleplayer missions/scripts as well.

But I have no clue how to do it :mrgreen:
Glory is temporary, pride is forever.

[EF]Emirate
Hayo

Post by Hayo »

Yup like Emirate says, I'm pretty sure its possible. But to be honest, you got to ask yourself if you want to spend that much time figuring stuff out, seeing no one will be able to help.
https://www.jaofnee.nl/
In minder dan 1 minuut donor worden.
DINOSAURS

Post by DINOSAURS »

That's kind of interesting. Pretty much all Id Tech based games had some kind of modding community revolving singleplayer, yet Soldier of Fortune seems like it was almost ignored. At least, the databases I have checked only seem to hold mutliplayer maps.

I didn't have a strong PC back in the day so I played it on Dreamcast :P I would have thought there would be some singleplayer mapping though.

I feel like digging it a bit before I give up. What are the tools used by those who do map for SOF1? Is it just Quark? I'm going to post in the Source forums to see what they think about replicating the GHOUL system in Half Life. Both games used the Quake 2 engine so I assume it would be possible.

Thanks for any info.
Emirate
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

Well, there's this:
http://www.sof1.org/viewforum.php?f=291" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And then there's this:
http://sofmapping.proboards.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But then again, I have no clue how to do it. As far as I know it has never been done before either. The closest thing I can think of are the co-op maps which look like singleplayer missions.

The sof1 modding scene isn't that big, never been. Huds, crosshairs, maps, add-ons have been made, but that's about it...
Glory is temporary, pride is forever.

[EF]Emirate
DINOSAURS

Post by DINOSAURS »

Thanks. I'll go through those links. I did get some enemies to spawn... and shot their heads off with a shotgun :)

Unfortunately not all enemies seem to work, but I will have to read through the guides carefully before I start asking for help. Looks like the Quark community is pretty quiet too, so if I get anywhere it will be a labour of love lol.